Started Nov 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
tektrader
Contributing MemberPosts: 620Gear list
Like?
Re: D 800E Wedding Photographers please comment
In reply to keyshore, Nov 10, 2012

keyshore wrote:

Hi,

I shoot interiors and weddings using the D 700, I am now thinking of upgrading to the D 800 E, Wedding photographers do you encounter a lot of moire in a typical wedding situation? I am also reading some user reviews of the D 800 who report a left focusing problems.

Has this issue been sorted out in the D 800E? and is this a good choice for me over the D 800?

Please comment.

Regards,

Keyshore

Both the D800 and the D800e had left side focus issues.

I was in the same boat as you. I shoot a few weddings along with landscapes etc.

I do not have the time or inclination to look for and correct Moire in ANY wedding shots given the difference between the 2 cameras is miniscule at best.

I bought the D800 and its perfect. I dont feel I am missing anything not having an 800e.

Unless you can look at the EXIF's I expect NO-ONE here would be able to tell you which camera was used for any of the wedding photographs you may take.

tektrader's gear list:tektrader's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 400mm f/2.8D ED-IF II +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow