micksh6
Senior MemberPosts: 2,562Gear list
Like?
Re: Looking for thoughts
In reply to Swamp Duck, Nov 10, 2012

Swamp Duck wrote:

s_grins wrote:

P.S.

I think that stirring the BS about size of GH3 is stupid: you do not like it? you do not buy it. You have your alternatives.

Another stupidity is a talking point about demise of Panasonic. You do not trust Pana? go for Oly. You have your alternatives.

You can go even beyond M43 - who cares?

-- hide signature --

I’m surprised how much Wikipedia contributes to the forum.
http://g1.img-dpreview.com/20AE148C45244CBE9FB1585EDA32B1C1.jpg

This wasn't the point of the topic. I was simply asking a question. I have no idea since I don't own a Panasonic camera, I was merely pointing to it as the reason I started thinking about this in the first place. You started your response with a good answer and ended it like an asshat...thanks for the constructive enlightenment

I also think that GH3 is way too big. But, for me even GH2 was already too big, even though I have larger than average hands.

Some Panasonic users will defend GH3 size even if they don't like it. It's because if you want to get the best m4/3 sensor from Panasonic you have no choice other than to buy the Hulk's camera. There is no alternative in Panasonic world.
Olympus, on the other hand, offers the same (supposedly Sony) sensor in all its products this year.

It's funny to think that for the price of GH3 ($1300) you can buy two E-PL5 cameras, and each of them will give comparable still photo image quality.
Plus, with each of E-PL5 you get IBIS, faster still frame rate, faster flash sync, focus peaking for stills, Olympus imaging engine, AutoWB that works well, etc.

Anyway, it's too early to talk about GH3. The camera doesn't exist yet. It was delayed and it isn't shipping anywhere. Given Panasonic history of delayed product availability chances are that most people won't see GH3 until January when Olympus is rumored to announce its next semi-pro camera.

Just a thought.

micksh6's gear list:micksh6's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow