A girl, an A57 and one cheap ass lens!!

Started Nov 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ray Maines
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,295Gear list
Like?
Re: A girl, an A57 and one cheap ass lens!!
In reply to BrewLab, Nov 9, 2012

BrewLab wrote:

A couple snapshots taken on the Oregon coast with the much maligned KM 18-70mm. Nothing special (girl aside, of course), but not too bad for a $40 investment. Plus, if I drop it in the sand..who cares? LOL!! Thanks for looking and, as always...C&C appreciated.

Cheers!!

Where on the Oregon coast? I don't usually get south of Cannon Beach so there's a lot of coast I'm not familiar with.

I know this is an equipment forum and all of that, but I've said for years equipment is over rated as even the worst of it is still pretty good. The a57 is a perfectly fine mid range camera and the older Minolta lens is an inexpensive kit lens, but still pretty good if used properly. It's hard to judge IQ from smallish pictures posted on an internet forum but they look pretty good to me.

C/C: In a perfect world, the second picture wouldn't have all the distracting footprints in the sand. Sigh. My only real complaint would be #3 where the model is looking 3/4 away from the camera but not really looking at the Sea Gull either. The Sea Gull is distracting, and the picture doesn't have a real subject without it.

-- hide signature --

Buy books, not gear.
Tacoma, Washington, USA

Ray Maines's gear list:Ray Maines's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow