Anyone using a sony flash with the ADP-MAA adapter on the A99 to trigger wireless flash?

Started Nov 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
remylebeau
Regular MemberPosts: 293Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone using a sony flash with the ADP-MAA adapter on the A99 to trigger wireless flash?
In reply to santiclaws, Nov 9, 2012

santiclaws wrote:

I have no plans to buy an A99 but am thinking of buying a NEX6 and would like to be able to trigger my big Sony flashes wirelessly. The NEX on-board flash can't do it so I'm thinking of getting an HVL-F20AM with an adapter since the NEX6 has the new hotshoe like the A99. It should work, but there's a difference between should and does. I imagine if it works on the A99, it should work on the NEX6, but the NEX6 apparently has not been out long enough for anyone to have tried. Have any of you lucky A99 owners?

Yep. Triggering a China brand ebayed set of 3 receivers and 1 trigger, works no problem. Set off studio strobe, Yongnuo 560 II flash and Sony HVL-F68AM simultaneously. 3 hour shoot I can confirm each light source impacted the final image.

remylebeau's gear list:remylebeau's gear list
Nikon D3 Sony SLT-A99 Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Tokina AT-X 17-35mm f/4 Pro FX +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow