Like?
Re: That's a crock of crap
In reply to mbecke, Nov 9, 2012

mbecke wrote:

John Motts wrote:

mbecke wrote:

keyshore wrote:

Hi,

I shoot interiors and weddings using the D 700, I am now thinking of upgrading to the D 800 E, Wedding photographers do you encounter a lot of moire in a typical wedding situation? I am also reading some user reviews of the D 800 who report a left focusing problems.

Has this issue been sorted out in the D 800E? and is this a good choice for me over the D 800?

Please comment.

Regards,

Keyshore

Based upon what I have read thus far, the D800/E is a camera that should be used on a tripod for portraiture and landscape photos. Apparently, the ultra-high megapixel count amplifies any defect in technique and can result in many out of focus photographs -- particularly when the camera is handheld. This issue cannot be overstated. This camera has a specific use; it is probably not a good choice for handheld general photography. I know others have stated differently that they can consistently obtain sharp photos handheld, but, frankly, I do not believe them. Too many experts (i.e., Mr. Bjorn Rorslett, et al.) have discussed the generally poor, out of focus results, when trying to handhold this camera during general photography sessions.

This is a myth and is plain wrong. The D800 does not take take out of focus pictures due to high resolution. By that logic, the sharpest photographs would be from cameras like the D1.

The D800 is absolutely fine for hand held photography. Having a high resolution camera does not cause camera shake and it certainly doesn't cause camera shake.

Shots from a D800 won't be any worse than from any other camera. The only difference is that the extra detail means that you can enlarge it to much higher levels and therefore any issues can be seen more clearly. At any given size of reproduction, the D800 files will not be worse.

Absolutely wrong, wrong, wrong. When many of the well known photography experts point out the difficulty of obtaining sharp handheld photos with the D800/E, the myth becomes your comment above. There will be no retraction from me on this issue. In any event, I would recommend that the OP attempt to use a D800/E handheld and see what type of results he/she obtains. It is that simple. This is indeed a portrait/landscape camera that should definitely be used on a tripod for good results.

You're the one that's plain wrong.  I absolutely don't believe you've taken a single frame with it, if you had you would know this is complete and utter BS.

russbarnes's gear list:russbarnes's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon PC-E Nikkor 24mm f/3.5D ED +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow