My most Difficult Panorama so far. ZS19 + PSE 8. Tenmangû Shrine, Kyoto.

Started Nov 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Erik Ohlson
Forum ProPosts: 13,796
Like?
My most Difficult Panorama so far. ZS19 + PSE 8. Tenmangû Shrine, Kyoto.
Nov 9, 2012

I posted this panorama in the landscape forum after fighting several shots into a Panoramic:

But I still wasn't happy with it, the building on the left just doesn't look right, all of the shots were crooked and had to be straightened 2-6 degrees to get them to line up. One example:

Straight out of camera with tilt corrected. All 5 shots were crooked to different degrees - we were very tired but that's really no excuse, but it's the best I have we had just spent about 1/2 hour sitting in a shaded area with drink vending machines.

So, this morning I messed around with it some more and came up with what I think is a better rendition, 4 out of 5 shots used, reds enhanced on the right-hand shot to look more like it actually did, the orange-red "Vermilion"paint that is used on some temple buildings and Torii gates:

It just goes to show that even a badly messed up Panoramic can be saved.

The Loo is 'cleverly' hidden behind the bush on the right.

-Erik

-- hide signature --

'He who hesitates is not only lost - he's miles from the next Exit.'
www.flickr.com/ohlsonmh/ ohlsonmh@yahoo.com

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 (Lumix DMC-TZ6)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow