Any information about the dpreview FZ200 Review? Will there be one?

Started Nov 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
kkardster
Senior MemberPosts: 4,789Gear list
Like?
Re: Any information about the dpreview FZ200 Review? Will there be one?
In reply to Michael Landers, Nov 9, 2012

Michael Landers wrote:

tom1234567 wrote:

I Think DPReview is only interested in Canon,& Nikon,

...This is just my own opinion,

If this (only interested in Canon and Nikon) was true than a quote like:

"THE FZ150 is a solid and capable superzoom camera that boasts impressive image quality considering its 24X optical zoom range. Sharpness is high, aberrations are well-controlled, and its capable optical image stabilization system makes working at its extreme effective focal lengths relatively pain-free."

and the 76% Silver Award would not be possible for this cam:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicdmcfz150/5

This is true, but this review came out more than seven months after the camera did and barely three months before its replacement was announced! Many are looking for information and reviews on the latest and greatest - by the time this FZ150 review came out DPR provided nothing new that we didn't already know. "Better late than never" doesn't cut it for high-tech reviews on the internet. The bloom is almost off the FZ200 rose now as well - although I'd like to see a DPR review, I've already made up my mind and really would have liked to see it sooner.

Rather than an in-depth FZ200 review, at this point I'd rather see a good superzoom category comparison to see if there's any reason to change my mind. The Canon SX50 HS comes close, but I have a need for speed and that cam would drive me nuts waiting.

-- hide signature --

You learn something new every time you press the shutter

kkardster's gear list:kkardster's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow