Started Nov 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gelbvieh
Regular MemberPosts: 170Gear list
Like?
Paramo Halcon Waistcoat
Nov 9, 2012

Anyone got one?  If so is it any good, in particular what are the inside pockets like? What is the sizing like?

I am looking for a travel vest but one that zips all the way to the chin and that doesn't look like a sack.  It needs to serve several purposes such as getting additional cabin luggage on board the plane, storing securely documents such as pasport and money when travel, being useful out in the field when photographing and I don't want to carry a bag. It also needs to be lightweight for hotter climates.

Trawling through the web I seem to have got a possible selection down to Scottevest and the Paramo.  The Scottevest is probably better for travel.  However I am definately an odd shape for the womens Scottevest and I think the size I'll need for my odd measurements will drown me in length.  Also as I live in NZ and the vest will either need to come from US for Scottevest and UK for Paramo and the postage is heaps cheaper from the UK, especially if I have to return for another size.

All advice very gratefully received.

Gelbvieh

Gelbvieh's gear list:Gelbvieh's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 650D Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow