My first L - looking for suggestions

Started Nov 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Marcos Villaroman
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,180Gear list
Like?
Re: My first L - looking for suggestions
In reply to howellls, Nov 9, 2012

howellls wrote:

For years I have heard tales about the amazing 'L' lenses. I have still never had an opportunity to use one. I own a new T2I and and slightly used 20D. I typically enjoy shooting people, pets (very active in the Boston Terrier Rescue) and occasionally when I travel scenery. Not much local scenery living in Dallas. I own the following Canon Lens. 18-55mm, 55-250mm, 40mm, 50mm. looking for suggestions for a first L lens. I am open to new and slightly used. Zoom or prime. Thanks

My first L glass was a 70-200/4L.  It was so good, I had to sell it and upgrade to a 70-200/4L IS for the IS.  I then upgraded my 17-85 to a 17-55/2.8 IS.  Those two lens were my favorite combination for a very long time.

Another idea would be a 100L for the hybrid IS and macro capability.  Hybrid IS is a really nice option if you are trying to avoid using a tripod.

If you like to travel, I think you should look at how many lens you want to carry and how frequently you want to swap lens.  Travel photography steered me towards upgrading zooms over primes first.

Marcos Villaroman's gear list:Marcos Villaroman's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +39 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow