Fuji X-10 Canada repair!!

Started Nov 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
zcus
Forum MemberPosts: 76Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji X-10 Canada repair!!
In reply to Lyle From Canada, Nov 9, 2012

So I got my X10 back from Fuji Canada after a LONG 54 DAY WAIT!!!

Now the camera is worse than when I sent it in. The metering is way out of wack and the live view is always dark and not at all acurate, and doesn't reflect changes when I dial in EV comp... Shutter speeds are always way too low. It's hard to explain just how messed up this 'brick' I got back is, so I need your help to explain the problem when I call and, do I have the right to demand a new camera?

Here are some attached pics (very bad and basic just to demonstrate the problem)

Notice the shutter speed and ISO on the X10 in the EXIF data compared to the TX5

Both cameras are on auto ISO - the problem is the X10 is bumping the ISO way up just to reach a far to low shutter speed.   The camera should of selected ISO 100 for these conditions as i see it.  So it is impossible to shoot in anything but the brightest daylight now.

First the fuji and then the sony TX5

X10

TX5

X10

TX5

zcus's gear list:zcus's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX5 Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow