Just ordered Minolta 35-105 f/3.5-4.5...

Started Nov 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
mick232
Contributing MemberPosts: 753Gear list
Like?
Re: Just ordered Minolta 35-105 f/3.5-4.5...
In reply to TheVoid, Nov 9, 2012

TheVoid wrote:

...and I really hope it's the original. $39 from KEH seemed like a great price for EX condition. It did indicate macro and I think the subsequent models didn't have macro. I got rid of my Tamron 18-200 several months ago, leaving me with only my 30mm and 50mm primes in the standard range. I love them to death, but the zoom is missed for a lot of walkaround shooting.

Anybody's experiences with this lens would be welcome - there weren't as many reviews online as I normally see before buying, but for this price it wasn't a huge gamble.

-- hide signature --

Jeremy

Very good lens for that price. My copy is quite sharp even wide open, and not much CA actually. Nice colors and contrast. The bokeh is very nice if you take portraits. I like it more than the 28-135.

The range is somewhat odd on APS-C. Usually not wide enough unless you bring a wider lens with you, too.

The macro mode on these beercan era zooms is quite usable.

mick232's gear list:mick232's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony SLT-A99 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Sony 75-300mm F4.5-5.6 Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow