All purpose lens - Canon 28-135mm or Tamron 28-75mm

Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ROBERT CARETR
Regular MemberPosts: 100
Like?
Re: I Don't Think There Is a True All-Purpose Lens
In reply to James R. McMillan, Nov 9, 2012

I know there is no perfect are one-size fits all lens but since I already have the canon 18-55mm and only a prime 85mm. I sometimes lock that extra focal range with the 18-55 and absolutely no wideness with the 85mm. So when I say i was looking for an all-purpose lens I am just saying i need a lens that gives me more flexibility instead of having to switch between 85mm and 18-55 so often.

James R. McMillan wrote:

The Tamron 28-75mm can be an outstanding lens. I do have to agree with the others and say that it's not wide enough on a crop to be a true All-Purpose lens. I have the Tamron 28-75mm but also have the Tamron 17-50mm, I don't consider it to be All-Purpose either as not quiet long enough sometimes, but that's why I have both. To me, there is never really a true All-Purpose lens. You have to compromise somewhere. I think that's why you find that the more you get into photography, the more often you will find the need for different lenses for different shooting situations. My current line-up is Tamron 17-50mm, Tamron 28-75mm, 70-200mm, 70-300mm and (2) 50mm. Yes I have overlap but there has been many times that I was glad for that overlap. Next lens for me will be the 85mm and only then will I have my shooting situations almost covered. I say be prepared to buy a couple more lenses as you are able to and need them.

-- hide signature --

KOENIG

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow