Vampire Couple C&C...

Started Nov 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
JayBratcher
Regular MemberPosts: 275Gear list
Like?
Re: A couple more...
In reply to jjoehumps, Nov 9, 2012

jjoehumps wrote:

Your first one is the best. Absolutely love it! I love the effect of them stepping out from the shadows... A kicker light would have ruined the effect. Did you P&P the eyes in the other photos?

-- hide signature --

www.jhumphriesphotography.com

Thank you!

I did a bit of post on their eyes, but they were both wearing those special effect contacts - so, I increased exposure on their irises a bit for effect, but tried not to overdo it.  In the last shot of Logan by himself, I only did this to his right eye (the one in the dark).

Other processing included reducing exposure on the background, tweaking contrast and clarity, a very small amount of skin softening on faces only, and a some sharpening.

The lights (there were two, although I only used one for most shots) were Paul C Buff Einstein 640s, one in a 64" octo softbox, the other in a smaller square softbox.  The 64" octo was definitely my favorite - very nice lights (but not mine, unfortunately)!

JayBratcher's gear list:JayBratcher's gear list
Nikon D70 Pentax K-5 IIs Olympus PEN E-PM2 Sigma 24mm F1.8 EX DG Aspherical Macro Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow