RAW/JPG Article

Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
VirtualMirage
Senior MemberPosts: 2,236Gear list
Like?
Re: RAW/JPG Article
In reply to skygkar, Nov 9, 2012

skygkar wrote:

I have quite the same questions : I shoot raw+jpg but would like eventually to switch to raw only which would get rid of the jpg duplicates I almost nerver use myself.

But doing that is almost like switching to bluray only while all your friends still have DVD-only players. When with friends in week-end, vacation, etc... it is not unusual that they take my SD-card and upload photos to their laptop or tablet, and JPG makes things a LOT easier than starting my own laptop (if I have it) and converting those raw files.

And that may also give others the impression that I consider myself "a pro" with a "Oh ? you don't process raw files ?" attitude...

So I'll keep the raw+jpg setting active if only to share.

Skygkar

I have had instances where I need to share photos. If I know that is what I will be doing, then for those instances I can go to RAW+JPEG.  But when I know it is just me and my immediate family I have no need.

Currently, though, most pictures I need to share I will give to them at a later point instead of right then and there.  I will usually upload them to a site for them to access.  And since most of them have no interest in pixel peeping or printing, I don't have to upload a full size photo for them either.

-- hide signature --

Paul

VirtualMirage's gear list:VirtualMirage's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Sony 50mm F1.4 Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow