Great camera and lenses combo for around $1000?

Started Nov 8, 2012 | Questions thread
Limburger
Senior MemberPosts: 3,243Gear list
Like?
Re: Great camera and lenses combo for around $1000?
In reply to Kokeen4231, Nov 9, 2012

Kokeen4231 wrote:

I suggest you could get a nikon D3200. It is similarly priced to the D5100 but is smaller and lighter. In my opinion, the d3200 has a slight edge over the d5100.

For the portrait lens, you could go with the sigma 35mm F1.4. I suggest getting one of those 35mm for their wider view cos if you need larger images you have your other lens or you could easily walk closer to the subject. From my experience this is useful, rather than carrying a 85mm lens and having to move further away from objects.

An action lens if you really want quality you could get a tamron 70 200 F2.8 Di vc usd and give the overall lens a skip Should be good after what I see in its recent 24-70 F2.8. Or oelse you could do with the sigmas.

A good super zoom lens can be the sigma 18- 250. Its 'macro' can be useful at times.

Cheers.

I don't know if Tamron upgraded their 70-200 2.8 but the one I reviewed is optically very good the only negative is that AF hunted in low light. The old Sigma  had some serious CA, the new version appears to be a lot better.

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

Limburger's gear list:Limburger's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow