RAW/JPG Article

Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
OntarioJohn
Senior MemberPosts: 1,959Gear list
Like?
Re: it's a little more complicated than that
In reply to EvilOne, Nov 9, 2012

EvilOne wrote:

I go to the gym 6 days a week, I practice and shoot competitively in pistol and bench rest competitions.. I also shoot wild life and can spend 8 hours in the woods 4 days a week.

So somewhere in the world  you can shoot pistols and bench rests and wild life.  Most of the wild life in my city is racoons and university students.  About equal, as there are 30,000 University students and the same number of racoons trying to get into my attic.

I so with you live here M. Evil ou mauvais.  You could shoot de raton han mak happy me.

I see my grandchildren and play with them 3 days a week...

I have a wife of 45 years married

To who?

and she is my number one priority...

and all these things take precedent over spending time processing RAW images...

I think the same thing except for oysters eh?

So as I said, your premise is rude and condescending... because "YOU " never shoot JPEG..

Some of the pros only make one shot a day.  My relative on my Mom's side does the 3M and cornflakes.  Once a week maybe.  Good work if you get that right?

what does that mean to the rest of us who have much higher priorities than processing RAW images but still find that shooting snap shots

Oh now don't say snap shots, that gets people started and they hate us because we have nice gear and snap off shots.

and recording memories on a daily basis is in any way wrong because that's not what you do !....

Different strokes.  I like dat J stroke where the blade stay in the water.

fairly pathetic if you ask me...

-- hide signature --

Bill aka EO

Thanks Bill you mak me snort laugh icitte.

-- hide signature --

Retired forensic photographer.
London, Ontario, Canada.

OntarioJohn's gear list:OntarioJohn's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow