the saddest day - when new york swallows your new 24-70 (dont trust posties!!!!)

Started Nov 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
sensibill
Senior MemberPosts: 4,370Gear list
Like?
I see nothing unusual.
In reply to Dustinash, Nov 9, 2012

Nothing here indicates your lens is lost or gone forever. You shipped from Canada less than two weeks ago.

I sell on eBay and regardless of when and where you ship something in the USA, if it's not sent overnight or 2nd day you have no guarantee of arrival within 2-5 days. This is even true of US Priority, which is usually 2-3 days but can take longer.

Tracking from CA to US is not always reliable and will not update for days on end, and USPS mail is iffy right now due to Hurricane Sandy, especially to NY. Many people there don't even have power yet, and the damage to infrastructure was extensive.

So I think you should relax and not worry too much about it or blame 'New York' or USPS for 'swallowing' your lens. Worst case it might take a couple of months to get compensated if your package really was lost, but it's very unlikely. In about 15 years of selling online I've only had one box disappear off the grid and never turn up, requiring a claim and compensation.

sensibill's gear list:sensibill's gear list
Sony SLT-A57
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow