What's with the sudden weather-sealing craze ?

Started Nov 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
DLBlack
Forum ProPosts: 11,197Gear list
Like?
Re: What's with the sudden weather-sealing craze ?
In reply to amvrvd, Nov 9, 2012

Weather-sealing is really nice. At least I like weather-sealing. During the past year or so weather-sealing has saved my camera twice. Both times were when I was hiking back from waterfall photography. I had my camera hanging from my neck and I sliped on a wet rocks while crosing a small stream. Each time I landed on my knees and my camera was laying in a few inches of water.

I also do a lot of caving and kayaking photos and it is nice having a sealed system so you can handle the camera with damp hands.

So weather-sealing does give one a little bit more peace of mind when out and about. Weather-sealing also seems to help improve the quality-built of the camera or lens. Otherwise it is just a check-box that is checked.

So it really depend on the photographer and what type of photography is being done.  It is really nice to have choices for either sealed or non-sealed.

Dave

DLBlack's gear list:DLBlack's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +26 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow