Composition question

Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ichinichi
Regular MemberPosts: 133
Like?
Re: Composition question
In reply to Dennis, Nov 9, 2012

Dennis wrote:

It's a really weird picture. The curved shadows fight with the straight lines, the dark colors high up recede while the bright lower floor advances, and as someone else said, the balance feels off. It reminds me of an Escher in the way that the downstairs doesn't seem any lower than the upstairs. All in all, I find it disconcerting, not satifying, but at least interesting, which is after all the purpose of a photo (to be interesting to look at). I don't think color does anything for the composition - it might be interesting to try b&w for that reason.

- Dennis

-- hide signature --

I find it disconcerting as well! Similar to a remark in the post above yours: you look expecting something, think you find it, decide you haven't, move on and repeat. Is it the trees? The statues? That couple? The shadow grid? The stair? I think that black and white would give a better "balance" to remove the color from the trees. I love this idea of black and white.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow