Started Nov 9, 2012 | Questions thread
pixd90
Senior MemberPosts: 1,216Gear list
Like?
Re: Decisions Decisions: Which DSLR?
In reply to bitphantom, Nov 9, 2012

bitphantom wrote:

Was recommended to post here for a better response. Anyways, here's the post

Hey guys! Looking to get my first DSLR around Boxing Day/New Years. I've had some experience with DSLRs before, back in High School when I was in photo class, and we used T2i's. I still remember a couple things from then. I've done some research but I'm still conflicted and I can't really decide which Camera to get. I'm thinking either the D5100, D90 or the D7000. Is the image quality that much better with the newer sensor than the D90? Or should I shell out a couple more hundred bucks for the D7000 for the motor and sturdier construction. One of the first lenses I'll probably get will probably be a 50mm 1.8D for the price.

Thanks for any input!

Depends, if you plan to just take pictures, post them on the internet or print up to 8x10 than the D5100 will suit your needs. My brother has a D5100, goes on vacation posts 100+ pictures on photobucket and thats the end of it. He is very happy with the camera. If you plan to get into photography as an avid enthusiast, become a gearhead or start pixle-peeping than you will want the D7000.

If i were to get into photography today and just wanted to take pictures, would go with the Nikon 1 system.

Good Luck.

pixd90's gear list:pixd90's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow