EPL5 rceived, first impressions and no more than that..

Started Nov 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,021Gear list
Like?
EPL5 rceived, first impressions and no more than that..
Nov 9, 2012

So I was walking through the city in my lunchbreak and received the phone call: EPL5+ 45 mm 1.8 were in. Picked it up, had a quick look at it.

First of all: ordered silver, got black. Not sure if i will change it. Silcver seems to show scratches faster (is this correct?).

Very nice: I got a free 8 Gb Wifi Toshiba Flash air card with it. For 689 for the package (lens 239 euro) that is good.

It is really really small. The lens is tiny too (45 mm). Kitlens...did not look at it.

Menu system: i think I can get used to that easily.

AF: similar to GH2.

Ergonomics.........okey....immediately noticable that it is awkward even with the tiny and light 45 f1.8 on it. Makes you appreciate a good grip (I have to say: NEX6!) very much. This grip does not do it for me. Not with one hand. And I am not big: 5 foot 10 or so.

8 fps: wow! I wonder if it, like OM-D, allows C-Af at 4 fps?

So, this is my impression after 10 minutes. Would be nice if someone would make grip that is much bigger than this tiny thing. With the shape of a G5/NEX6 grip.

Will post compairson pics to my Gh2 this weekend.

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow