Goodbye D7000, hello EM5

Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,391Gear list
Like?
Re: Seems a rapid decision
In reply to Simon88, Nov 9, 2012

To be clear: it took a week to ditch my Canon DSLR for the G1. Only with two lenses as i was an early adopter but I didn't use that Canon for a long time either, so not much glass there. Indeed: I have a lot of lenses now but most of them fit in a small bag and have good and some excellent IQ. 100-300 is good, Samyang 7.5 fisheye is very good, 20 mm 1.7 is very good, 14-45 for a kit also and the 45 mm 1.8 which will arrive today with my new EPL5. Try to do that with even a very small DSLR.

My sis had the D7000 (now 800E) and she could not spot the difference between Gh2 and D7000 IQ on a screen. It was pretty close. So the OMD  (and EPL5) will even better/closer.

Still: for birding, indoor sports etc none of these m43 cams are a match for the D7000. So ti depends what you shoot.

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow