Switching from PC to Mac.. anything you wish you knew?

Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
graybalanced
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,915
Like?
Re: Switching from PC to Mac.. anything you wish you knew?
In reply to Undah, Nov 9, 2012

Undah wrote:

If I'm reading this correctly, a Logitech bluetooth mouse can be used on an apple computer and will give you the left click / right click functionality like on a PC?

That's an incomplete answer. The complete answer is that due to the right-click support built into OS X from the beginning,any generic or brand name USB mouse will work on a Mac and have right-click functionality, as well as any other pointing device that has a secondary click function (trackball, Wacom tablet stylus, etc).

I've always used Macs, but I hate Apple mice. The mouse I use with my beloved MacBook Pro? The Microsoft Bluetooth mouse. I also have some cheap HP Bluetooth mice I picked up for $5 each, those work too.

You will find the heaviest right-click support in the Microsoft and Adobe suites for Mac. MS Word, Excel, Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, etc. make very extensive use of context menus (right-click).

Context menu support is so pervasive on OS X that on a Mac laptop, you have no less than four different ways to bring up such a menu: Right-click, Ctrl-click, two-finger click, and the option of setting either the bottom left or bottom right corner of the trackpad to register as a secondary click.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow