Switching from PC to Mac.. anything you wish you knew?

Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
danijel973
Contributing MemberPosts: 639Gear list
Like?
Re: Switching from PC to Mac.. anything you wish you knew?
In reply to MtnGoatJoe, Nov 9, 2012

MtnGoatJoe wrote:

Undah wrote:

Thanks for all this. Lots of info here. I'll be referring back to this post for sure!

If I'm reading this correctly, a Logitech bluetooth mouse can be used on an apple computer and will give you the left click / right click functionality like on a PC?

There is something to be said of not having to be the 24/7 tech support of family members!

I have always preferred the trackpad on Mac laptops to those on PC laptops. Gestures and two finger scrolling are AMAZING! When I get my new iMac next month, I'm getting the trackpad to go with it.

I tried the new Lenovo Ideapad laptops in their store (I'm thinking of buying my kid one for birthday) and the touchpads are almost identical to the ones on my Air. The gestures seem to work the same, too - two finger scrolling, three finger swipe for prev/next etc. The entire thing is also clickable, as on Mac.

However their build quality is inconsistent - some 50% laptops I tried had a very flimsy click feel on the trackpad while the other half is great. Very substandard build consistency, nothing like Apple.

danijel973's gear list:danijel973's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Olympus PEN E-PL1 Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow