Just how good is the 20/1.7?

Started Nov 9, 2012 | Questions thread
Pasmia
Contributing MemberPosts: 517Gear list
Like?
Re: Just how good is the 20/1.7?
In reply to micksh6, Nov 9, 2012

I've read multiple threads similar to my situation but nothing quite exact.  There are a few that I've read about people 'upgrading' from the 20 to PL25 and even quite a bit that have both, but a majority of people/threads are simply making an initial purchase of one over the other.  I really haven't heard/seen much about people 'downgrading' from the PL25 to the 20.

However, I guess you sort of hit the spot about the $200 or so and I think it's sort of silly to consider that into 'downgrading' to the 20mm.  It's not like $200 won't come along in the future, but I'll admit to two things here, 1. I have a hard time not spending disposable cash lying around and 2. I have a severe itch for a something new.  The last time I had a couple hundred bucks lying around, I blew it on a bunch of random accessories (filters, diffusers, softboxes, cheap wireless triggers, continuous lighting, etc).  It's a bad habit, I know, and none of these "accessories" have any type of resell value either, it's something I'm working on and I'm sure I can't be the only one that does it... I hope.  Just wanted to put whatever cash I had on hand into something a bit more substantial than a random handful of unnecessary accessories.

My point still stands though, I'm kind of burnt out on Lumix and I still think the PL25 is a bit too bulky.  Maybe I should just buy a 20/1.7 and compare them for myself, keep the appropriate one and react accordingly.  Just hopefully, I don't fall in love with both of them.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow