Just how good is the 20/1.7?

Started Nov 9, 2012 | Questions thread
micksh6
Senior MemberPosts: 2,327Gear list
Like?
Re: Just how good is the 20/1.7?
In reply to Pasmia, Nov 9, 2012

Pasmia wrote:

Just to make it clear, I'm wondering if the 20mm can effectively replace the PL25 in most if not all of my uses.

That's exactly what previous dozens of 20 vs 25mm threads were about. One of these is still on the first page of this forum. And your needs are not unique, in fact they are pretty much common.

I stopped arguing about this few months ago because I can't repeat myself that many times. These lenses are very different. One doesn't replace another.

Only you can answer this question because the answer depends on your overall priorities and how bad you need extra $200.

I suggest asking this question: Has anyone sold 25mm F1.4 lens for 20mm lens and became happier? Otherwise you will be overwhelmed with too many different opinions (that is if others haven't become tired discussing this topic).

micksh6's gear list:micksh6's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +6 more
selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow