Switching from PC to Mac.. anything you wish you knew?

Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Tom_N
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,376
Like?
Re: Switching from PC to Mac.. anything you wish you knew?
In reply to Undah, Nov 9, 2012

Undah wrote:

danijel973 wrote:

The retinabooks (and 13" Air to a lesser extent) are the ideal photographer's laptops, at least IMO. Also, OS X works great on laptops; it is designed for specific hardware and there are no stupid glitches with suspend, wakeup etc. For a desktop machine, things are less clear because Win7 is very reliable and easy to live with as a desktop OS, so I don't see many reasons to get a desktop Mac instead of a good and much cheaper Win7 machine.

Is there a way on the Win7 side to get a monitor that's as good as the retinabooks?

Not in terms of resolution.  There are a few laptops on the Windows side that have lower-resolution IPS screens.

For instance, there are 15" and 17" HP EliteBooks that you can custom-order with DreamColor2 IPS screens.  I've heard tell of a Lenovo (sorry, forgot the model number) with a small (12" or 13") IPS screen.  I think someone even mentioned a PC UltraBook with an IPS screen – the review for it was kinder to the screen than to the rest of the machine.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow