Started Nov 9, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bart Hickman
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,223Gear list
Like?
Most compact way to have an off-camera flash on NEX
Nov 9, 2012

What is the most compact way of firing a hot shoe flash remotely (Sony or otherwise) using an NEX camera (such as the NEX 6)?  Wireless would be best for the most flexibility, but I'm also interested in any cabled setups.  My main use case is hand-holding the remote flash, but I also want to be able to trigger studio lights.

The options I can think of would be:

1. Get two HVLF20S flashes and an adaptor (for the new NEX socket) and use one on the camera to trigger the other.  I don't even know if this works--the Sony manuals aren't very complete.  Perhaps the second flash would have to be a F43AM, but then it's not very compact.

2. Get a sync socket adaptor to plug into the standard hot shoe then plug that into a F43AM (does this flash support sync socket triggering?).  This also enables studio light triggering, but only a single light at a time.

3. Get a radio trigger/receiver pair and an HVLF20S.  Can anybody recommend a small, no frills radio trigger?  Again, this has an added benefit of being able to trigger a single studio light.

Any other ideas?

Bart

-- hide signature --
 Bart Hickman's gear list:Bart Hickman's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +10 more
ANSWER:
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow