ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gmillerg
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Legacy Lenses with 5R- Opportunity to Purchase
Nov 9, 2012

Hi-

I just purchased the NEX-5r and am new to the system. As of now, I only have the 18-55 kit lens that it comes with.

After reading through the other forums, I thought buying a few legacy lenses would be a great way for me to develop more of my manual shooting skills. It is also a more economic choice, being that I am in grad school. One of my biggest frustrations is not having a large enough aperture to handle low light situations without a tripod.

On Craigslist in my area, I ran across someone who is selling used lenses. Here is the list of what was described:

Camera lenses from Canon AE-1 mount.
* wide angle 28mm, 1:28
* telephoto 135mm, 1:28
* zoom 80-200mm, 1:4.5
* tele converter 2X

From a Minolta 35mm camera
* zoom 80-205mm, 1:4.5
* 50mm, 1:1.4
* 55mm, 1:1.9

The lister is selling these lenses at $10 a piece and my guess is that they dont know the value of these. Not knowing anything about them, I turn to the forum to ask which ones should I purchase? After reading the legacy thread, I figured the Canon 28mm or Minolta 50mm would be a good buy considering the condition.

Your thoughts?

I attached the pics that were listed too.

Canon Lenses

Minolta

ANSWER:
NEX5R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow