Switching from PC to Mac.. anything you wish you knew?

Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Undah
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,296
Like?
Re: Switching from PC to Mac.. anything you wish you knew?
In reply to MtnGoatJoe, Nov 9, 2012

MtnGoatJoe wrote:

Undah wrote:

Thanks for all this. Lots of info here. I'll be referring back to this post for sure!

If I'm reading this correctly, a Logitech bluetooth mouse can be used on an apple computer and will give you the left click / right click functionality like on a PC?

There is something to be said of not having to be the 24/7 tech support of family members!

I have always preferred the trackpad on Mac laptops to those on PC laptops. Gestures and two finger scrolling are AMAZING! When I get my new iMac next month, I'm getting the trackpad to go with it.

Also, if you're not familiar photo management software (like Lightroom), then learn everything you can about iPhoto. From a previous post of mine:

Besides folders and albums, I would also suggest using metadata and smart albums. For starters, use Faces to tag people that are important to you. Also, use the rating feature (at least for the best photos). Then you can create a smart album that, for example, contains all 5 star photos of a particular person (or people). I do this with my daughter. I then share the smart album with my AppleTV.

Using Places can also be pretty cool, especially with vacation photos. Keywords can also help. I use keywords for holidays. Then I can create smart albums that show all 4 and 5 star Smith family Christmas photos. Each year, as I take new photos, I just need to tag them and they get added to the smart album automatically.

That's just a few things to keep in mind. I've found that combining Smart Albums with Faces, Places, Keywords, and Ratings, I rarely need to create traditional folders or albums.

This sounds great.  Thanks for posting.  Organizing is always a challenge.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow