Should I sell my 100 f/2.8 macro and/or 70-200 f/4 for 135L?

Started Nov 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
grangy27
New MemberPosts: 11Gear list
Like?
Re: Keep both and wait for the Sigma 35mm f1.4
In reply to Don Ellis, Nov 9, 2012

I used to use the 135mm on my 40D, and with no IS I preferred to use it with either flash or on a tripod in low light situations.  Since I bought a 5D3 the 135mm seems like a completely different lens.  The speed is incredible with the low light capability of the 5D3.  I was going to sell my 135mm, but not now on the new camera - I love the combination.

The initial question about selling other lenses to buy a 135mm would have to be answered by a firm "no".  You can only do so much with a 135mm. Pet photographers seem to like using the 24mm 1.2f which produces great bokeh and background - but this is pricy! The 35mm f1.4 would take great pictures too.  Primes take great pictures, but IMO don't make the best travel lenses.  Most people require a versatile zoom as well as a "bokeh machine", whatever the focal length.

Like most other things, you determine what you would really need and then buy what you can afford.

grangy27's gear list:grangy27's gear list
Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow