Started Nov 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
remylebeau
Regular MemberPosts: 293Gear list
Like?
Remote Camera software for a99 and Adobe Bridge for ghetto tethering
Nov 9, 2012

I got a job for location shoot where I need the clients feedback, so I messed around with the Remote Camera software and Adobe CS6 to see if I can get a decent tethering workflow.

Basically I leave Adobe Bridge open to a hot folder and in Remote Camera I select that folder as the "Save To" folder.

As I'm shooting tethered the images are collecting there quite fast about 2-3 seconds for RAWs. This is on a 3 year old Asus Laptop though mind you I upgraded the hard drive to an SSD, so that is sure to increase the speed that Bridge is reading the file.

The camera is sitting on a tripod and the Remote Camera software allows me to fully control the a99 from the laptop. Which is great for product shots because I can shoot with client beside me, and discuss as the images come up.

Also, I'm tethering with a 15' long USB mini cable so the data is traveling a bit of distance, with no need for an amplifier to get the data through ok.

Just thought I'd share this in case anyone was wanting a working tethering work flow, it's pretty efficient and using stuff that's already available.

Now if only Sony would get off their ass and allow the a77 to tether, I would be eternally grateful.

remylebeau's gear list:remylebeau's gear list
Nikon D3 Sony SLT-A99 Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Tokina AT-X 17-35mm f/4 Pro FX +9 more
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow