the saddest day - when new york swallows your new 24-70 (dont trust posties!!!!)

Started Nov 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
J Birn
Contributing MemberPosts: 612
Like?
Re: the saddest day - when new york swallows your new 24-70 (dont trust posties!!!!)
In reply to Dustinash, Nov 9, 2012

That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. The only good part is that they still might find, it at least could pay you insurance, so it probably won't be a total loss.

When the new iPad came out earlier this year, I ordered one. It was supposed to ship to me at work, via UPS. When the box arrived, it was very light, and the iPad had been removed. The fraud people at UPS said they actually had a suspect and surveillance video and an arrest was immanent, and Apple shipped me a new iPad. The new one was shipped straight from China. I tracked it as it reached a city in the USA, then the package never left that city. I called UPS and eventually they confirmed that a second iPad in the row had gone missing. At this point, the new iPads were in stock locally, so I had Apple refund my money and just bought one at the local Apple store. We weren't out any money (I'm glad the shipping dept. at work noted that the box felt light when they signed for the first one), but it still boggles my mind that 2 iPads in a row were stolen en transit by UPS, meaning that in two different cities in the USA, there could be UPS employees walking around using a stolen iPad with my wife's initials etched in the back.

-- hide signature --

Jeremy Birn

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow