the saddest day - when new york swallows your new 24-70 (dont trust posties!!!!)

Started Nov 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dustinash
Contributing MemberPosts: 592
Like?
the saddest day - when new york swallows your new 24-70 (dont trust posties!!!!)
Nov 9, 2012

So I shipped my lens I bought from B&H photo back to them because it had a problem with the aperature blades.  Its ok.. my a99 wasnt in yet.  This was mid october, coming from Canada, five day delivery

October 28 - I get a status update.  Processed through sna francisco facility.

It is now November 8th and there has no been an update the following are the problems that I ran into and what I found out about the post along the way.

-even though I paid extra money for 5 day expedited, they tell me there is not guaruntee.  I have to file a search request and I cannot do that with american post it has to be done through canadian, and then they will contact american this process starts at ABOUT 30 DAYs and can go as HIGH AS 90 days.

5 day expedited?  Try 1/3 of a year.  Their answer?  No guaruntees.

-insurance is restricted to 1000$ on post.. now I know why.  They lose or steal your stuff then they leave you hanging.  Given that whoever out there didnt bother to update anything with a scan?  I am GREATLY inclined to believe that it was stolen by the post.

-another word of advice.  When shipping something valuable don't list the price on it like they say.  This only helps postal employees identify which are the best packages to steal.  I have never had anything disappear in the post that was not greater then 500$ so if your below that your probably fine.  The thief needs incentive to take the risk.

This is the most depressing day of my life.  I have my a99.  its silent.  Its partner.  Gone.

Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow