Disney World Trip Help

Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Phixer323
Contributing MemberPosts: 666Gear list
Like?
Re: Disney World Trip Help
In reply to Fl_Gulfer, Nov 9, 2012

First of all, I am a WDW veteran. If you want to photograph everything here's what I would bring:

Walkaround lens- Tamron 17-50 f2.8

Safari Ride, Castle shows and distance- 60-250 f4

Dark rides- 50 f1.7 (it may be a little tight but will work. I use the Sigma 30 f1.4))

Your UWA is also a specialty lens I would bring. It does have uses.

Flash

Tripod with remote trigger for fireworks. There are lockers (pay) at the entrance of each park. If your tripod is too large they will hold it behind the desk. The castmembers, will not watch your equipment and there is no place to store it at the rides. The exception is Soarin, where you are allowed to leave anything that will not fit in the underseat compartment on the floor.

I always have my camera out and carry my backpack on all the rides. I would recommend a comfortable strap. I use the BlackRapid.

The parks are extremely camera friendly and you can carry your equipment on all the rides.

If you need or want more information you might want to stop by the DisBoards photography page. They have some tutorials and quite a few veteran WDW photographers.

http://disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97

Phixer323's gear list:Phixer323's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow