Started Nov 2, 2012 | Questions thread
joe6pack
Senior MemberPosts: 1,025Gear list
Like?
Re: XZ-1 raw files
In reply to waynes, Nov 8, 2012

waynes wrote:

Thanks everyone for the inputs!

The viewer indeed does a decent job. Is there anyway to let noise reduction "low" or "no" be default, instead of "standard" being default?

You can set up a template with the NR set to None. It is just a couple of clicks to select the template afterward. But I am not sure if you can make it default.

My short experience with XZ-1 has been in general positive. It's because I do not have a very high expectation for such a small sensor compact. It's very sharp. It's very bright (sometimes too bright----the speed limit is 1/2000, often no enough! And I prefer not to use small apertures beyond 5.6)

That's why there is a built in ND filter. It will work for most if not all occasions.

Now more questions:

* What's the easiest way to change ISO between shoots?

Not sure if this is really what you asked. In P-mode, the lens ring changes ISO. That is the easiest.

* What's the easiest way to use macro mode? I have problem to make sure it's on macro mode, because I can not get very close to the subject. How close can it go at the long end (112mm?)?

Thanks again.

joe6pack's gear list:joe6pack's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Sony Alpha NEX-3N Corel Aftershot Pro IrfanView
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow