ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
andrewD2
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,777
Like?
5DIII magnification button
Nov 8, 2012

Just got a 5DIII, I like it in general.

I post this in the hope enough will agree and we can get a firmware change.

In short... Why did they move the magnification button from under my thumb??

Its not for image magnification I have a real issue, assign it to the set button and its OK.

The problem comes in Liveview, on the 1DsIII and 1DIV and others I'm used to being able to frame up, hit magnify, get focus close, hit magnify again and focus perfectly. Not having moved your grip to press the button I find my framing is maintained (you can't see you full framing as you focus zoomed in).

With the 5D3 you have to change your grip enough to press the set button (the magnify button on the left is worse with anything like a heavy lens) that you can't maintain framing as you zoom in.

What annoys me is how they had it so 'right' already. Some Canon genius thought up the original 1Ds zoom method, did he get his job back? Do they actual watch how people use their cameras?

Please let us assign the magnification buttons how they used to be.  Anyone else want this?

Cheers,

Andrew

www.photoluminaire.co.uk

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1Ds
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow