Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sparky32
Forum MemberPosts: 75
Like?
Removing Canon Copyright EXIF data
Nov 8, 2012

Every year my buddies and I go on a hiking trip.  We all take photos and then burn CD's for each other so that we each have copies of everyone else's photos.

Here's my dilemma.  My buddy took his disk to Sam's Club to print off some photos.  He got an "error" saying that my photos were copyrighted.  Upon closer inspection he found, listed in the EXIF data, that it said the photo was copyright by me and the kiosk would not allow him to print the photo.  When I got my camera I sat down with the owner's manual and basically went through it page by page and tried almost every option in order to learn how to use it.  Apparently I set up my name in the copyright field under the custom menu section but forgot to remove it when I was done experimenting.

So, my question is, is there a way for me to remove my own copyright info from the photos themselves now that they have been captured so that my buddies don't run into this problem in the future?  I assume there is some type of flag stored in the image data itself?  Can it even be removed?  Help.

-- hide signature --

Brian
Canon T2i/550D
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow