Composition question

Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
verybiglebowski
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,313Gear list
Like?
Re: Composition question
In reply to Ichinichi, Nov 8, 2012

Ichinichi wrote:

I snapped this quick image out of an upper story internal window at the Louvre and upon review it really appealed to me; something about the placement or spacing of statues, people and foliage? Or the architecture? or lines? ????

Can someone explain? Or is it just appealing to me?

Edit: Unprocessed JPEG from Canon FD 24mm f/2 on Sony NEX 5N

Take it as just my personnel opinion. Attraction of an image can be caused by contrast. Contrast could be found in a color, space, or even content.

In this case, I believe that contrast is built by regular pattern of a roof shades and chaos created by the rest of a image. Looking carefully, you might find also the closer tree and biggest sculpture to create a diagonal, which is giving it - bit of dynamics.

However, I wouldn't look in the composition field when judging this photo. There is very few right about it. It works as a snapshot - nicely captured momentum, with a pleasant positive light and color and interesting shade pattern. But, try to think about it again, and if you can, get back to the place. I am sure you will come with better photo.

Just my 2c.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow