The RX100 might be getting all the plaudits....

Started Nov 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 32,376Gear list
Like?
Re: KimL - do Panny colors suck in RAW too?
In reply to CAcreeks, Nov 8, 2012

CAcreeks wrote:

Kim Letkeman wrote:

... there are precious few circumstances under which I would take an X10 over even my GF3, never mind my G5.

Kim, sorry to pick on you, but I couldn't help noticing the muddy colors of images in your blog about the trip to Frankfurt.

Those were JPEGs. Basic JPEGs pulled out of the RAW files. No tuning of the JPEG engine, just examples of things I was seeing. And no everyone feels as you do.

Regarding your comment about colors being as bad in RAW ... do you really mean that as a legit question? The RAW conversion determines the color, not the RAW file. It only determines how hard you work to get the look you want.

Night in Frankfurt (DE)

At first I thought these were from an Android cellphone, because the colors are so bad.

Each to his own.

Some of them have EXIF saying Picasa. Near the bottom you seem to imply they are from your G3. Did Picasa do the RAW conversion, or did you shoot in JPEG?

GF3 ... and I used PICASA in a couple of instances to brighten them for display.

I am glad you are happy with your M43 kit, but if I were you, I would get an Olympus body ASAP.

Were you me you would know why that is bad advice.

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow