Constructive Criticism Welcome!!

Started Nov 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
laquila65
Regular MemberPosts: 200Gear list
Like?
Re: Constructive Criticism Welcome!!
In reply to iancrowe, Nov 8, 2012

iancrowe wrote:

Those issues are caused by sharpening applied to a "grainy" ISO1600 shot (probably in camera). There is no need to shoot landscapes at 1/3200s. You would have done much better shooting at 1/400s and ISO200 which would have given you a much cleaner shot.

Ian

Naturally. I only want to add that that for these kind of shots (and for most others actually), the P mode with Auto ISO works absolutely wonderfully. Sure, you can't learn how to set the exposure if you are going to use it all the time, but even if you do learn, you will use the P mode afterwords. I know everything about exposure -- I shoot a fully manual film rangefinder most of the time -- but I shoot most of my digital cameras on P. I only switch to A for portraits and to S when I want to blur the motion in bright light. My ISO stays most of the time on Auto too with a limit set depending on the actual lighting conditions. What I'm trying to say is, don't play with the ISO setting if you don't have to. It brings nothing but trouble, as this picture clearly demonstrates. Auto ISO is your true friend

laquila65's gear list:laquila65's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Canon PowerShot G12 Nikon D40 Nikon D80 Canon EOS 550D +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow