Hate to admit it, but I have the AF issue. Going to make a case with Nikon. Any advice?

Started Nov 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
konoplya
Regular MemberPosts: 213
Like?
Re: Hate to admit it, but I have the AF issue. Going to make a case with Nikon. Any advice?
In reply to olyflyer, Nov 8, 2012

olyflyer wrote:

konoplya wrote:

I've read on Ming Thein's site that he had his fixed and the error is due to calibration issues when they were first manufactured (link: http://blog.mingthein.com/2012/07/04/nikon-d800e-focusing-update-problem-solved/).

I hate to admit that for the first time I looked at this Ming guy's page and I must say he is right. If you really have a problem with your left AF then you are not going to be able to fix it, so instead of spending a lot of time in trying all kind of fixes, doing every possible tests and still not be happy, use the warranty and send it in. There is no way you can fix any non-linear errors on your own, no matter how you test or what targets you are using, so Ming is 100% right. The only reason to test on your own is to conclude the problem, but some times "gut feeling" is enough, depending on your own experience.

BTW, when you enter a link don't add any other characters because then it will not work and we get Error 404.

the only reason i would like to test is to have some back up evidence if nikon asks for it. the camera still shoots well and i don't really use the left most focus point all that much, but after paying 3 grand for the camera i'd like it to perform like it should in all aspects.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow