ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jrk
jrk
Senior MemberPosts: 1,183Gear list
Like?
Help! Sell x100 to get the x-E1?
Nov 8, 2012

I currently have the x100 and really love the camera.  What drew me to the camera initially was its nostalgic look, then when I read reviews about it I was hooked.  I also have a Canon 50D with a bag full of glass.  I do a lot of sports photography so the Canon really fits the bill for me there.  I use the Fuji as my walking around camera and actually have it with me 90% of the time when I'm in the car, just in case!  The more I read about the x-E1, particularly with the 18-55m lens, the more interested I get in obtaining one.  I'm seriously contemplating selling the x100 and grabbing the x-E1.  I realize the best of both worlds is to keep the x100 and buy the x-E1 but that's not really an option.  I'm sure if I did I'd be sleeping on the couch!

Am I being foolish and just wanting the "next new thing" or will I really see advantages of the x-E1 over the x100 (eg. lens variety).  I will be using the x100/x-E1 for:  travel, street photography, day trips, nature, etc.  The Canon will remain my tool of choice for sports and other action photography.

Thanks!

jrk's gear list:jrk's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +7 more
Canon EOS 50D Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow