Zeikos Battery Grip for Nikon D800/D800E?

Started Oct 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Grig
Senior MemberPosts: 1,681Gear list
Like?
Re: Zeikos Battery Grip for Nikon D800/D800E?
In reply to hypercore360, Nov 8, 2012

Got my Zeikos for D800 today... Tested with AA and EN-EL15 - everything is working as with the original MB-D12 that I had bought with my D800 in March, but sold it on eBay with in a couple of weeks due to ridiculous price tag... This one came from B&H for mere $76.95... Functionality is the same, wheels are not rubberized, but feel nice. Buttons and controls are fine. It is feels kinda plastic on the sides, but rubber is very nice and soft at the actual grip area.

All in all - very nice grip, feels almost the same as the original for much less money. I will use it occasionally for studio shooting for convenience of the vertical shutter release button and extra grip with 70-200 lens, so for me it should work just fine... But for heavy duty full time shooting nothing beats the integrated D3s-D4 grips... Even with original - I had weird feelings when putting the camera with grip on the tripod... so I would never use it on the tripod or with my Blackrapid Dual R-Straps (its just me), but other then that - it is a great value...

-- hide signature --

Real photography - it's just the ability to see what was already created by God!
www.grigphoto.com

Grig's gear list:Grig's gear list
Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow