ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Red Fern
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
NEX-6 AF-C always on
Nov 8, 2012

Hi all,

I got a NEX-6 w/16-50 yesterday thanks to an awesome friend, and after charging the battery and going outside for just a few photos, I've noticed it's eating through the battery at a very fast rate.  While the EVF, wifi, and power zoom no doubt sap a lot of power, I also noticed that the camera seems to always be in AF-C mode, continuously focusing, even when set to AF-S.

I have Eye Start set to OFF, as well, so I don't know why there is this behavior.  It acts exactly the same in AF-C and AF-S.  There doesn't seem to be a difference.  The only way to stop it from continually focusing is to be in MF mode.

Also, it even attempts to focus while you're going through the menus.  I put the 24/1.8 on it, and you can feel it attempting to focus the entire time you're browsing menus.

This definitely feels like a software bug to me, and could explain some of the early reports of poor battery life.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Thanks,

Red Fern

Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow