Epson R3000 - first print, super crappy

Started Nov 3, 2012 | Questions thread
alvie
Regular MemberPosts: 175
Like?
Re: Laura, let's make a test easy....
In reply to Petruska, Nov 8, 2012

Petruska wrote:

we need to prove that your setup is correct before you get into Fine Art paper, profiles, and monitor calibration

1. Go to this site and download the standard test timage (40 MB TIFF at the bottom).

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi048/essay.html

2. Get some Glossy Photo paper, any brand will do for this test, it would be nice if it was Epson brand.

3. Load the test image into PS, DO NOT EDIT THE PHOTO IN ANYWAY, even if it doesn't look correct on the screen.

4,5, and 6 below are for Windows, not sure of MAC equivalents

4. In the PS print section, choose "Printer Manages Colors".

5. Choose your printer at the top and then click on Print Settings button.

6. In the printer driver, from the Selelct Setting List, choose Photo - Highest Quality. and these others...plus your paper size and orientation, Then OK

7. Then click on Print in PS.

You should get a perfect print, report back to us if it is, or not.

Good luck!

Bob P.

I too am having problems printing with my Epson R3000 printer.  My prints are also too dark compared to what I see onmy display.  I followed the above instructions and noticed that when I select "Printer manage color" the paper profile or printer profile changes from the Glossy paper that I selected is change to SPR3000 double-sided matte paper.  Why would this setting be change utomatically?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow