Veteran MemberPosts: 3,266Gear list
Like?
Re: Watermarks is a way of cheating.
In reply to Slynky, Nov 8, 2012

Slynky wrote:

RaptorUK wrote:

CG33 wrote:

I know it is not against this challenge rules,

So it isn't CHEAting . . . sorry but it is very, very simple. It's also not against the DPReview Challenge rules . . . but then nothing is because there aren't any DPReview Challenge rules . . . except for the Ts & Cs and according to Scott they are meaningless and can be ignored.

-- hide signature --

Take a look at my album . . . www.F1Album.com

The very reason I said it's inferred/implied. Given the fact that DPR keeps the submitter(s) anonymous during the submission and voting stages, it's implied that anonymity is a requirement and desired condition of the challenge. Once again, DPR doesn't come right out and say it but infers it.

It is inferred,  I agree,  I have had the very same discussing with ConanFuji . . .  but running Challenges based on inference is not a good place to be at,  not for the Entrant, not for the Host and not for DPReview . . .   and what it means is that at the end of the day the benefit of doubt has to be given to the Entrant.

If something is made explicit there is no wriggle room and there is clarity for all to benefit from.

I know it would take thousands of Man hours and probably millions of $s to add some general DPReview Challenge rules . . .  but I think it just might be worth doing  

-- hide signature --

Take a look at my album . . . www.F1Album.com

RaptorUK's gear list:RaptorUK's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Nikon D1X Nikon D2X Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BarbNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow