Goodbye D7000, hello EM5

Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
joseluisherranz
Regular MemberPosts: 440Gear list
Like?
Re: Goodbye D7000, hello EM5
In reply to Simon88, Nov 8, 2012

Simon88 wrote:

Well I never thought that this would happen but it just goes to show that you never know whats around the corner.

I've been enjoying my D7000 for a little while now, built up a rather nice lens selection and was all around rather happy with my camera setup. Up until recently I'd only played with the EPL1 in micro four thirds, it never really made the grade and so had to go. I needed to get a camera underwater and was looking to put the Nikon in a housing etc but the cost made my eyes water, thats when I started to look at the EM5.

Got the EM5 about a week ago to see how it operated and what the IQ was like (along with the 25mm 1.4). A week in and the Nikons up for sale.

Don't get me wrong, the D7000's a great camera, there's very little indeed that I can find fault with and I've loved my time with it but even after a week it feels like it weighs a ton along with its rucksack full of huge lenses and I just can't be bothered to take it with me anywhere now I have the Oly. The photos that I'm taking with the EM5 are just as good as with the Nikon (I don't pixel peep, life's too short) and I'm getting a lot more of them.

I would humbly suggest that this hobby is about taking pictures and the best way to improve is to take them at every reasonable opportunity, the EM5 allows me to do that.

The added benefits of the EVF (surprisingly good) and the liveview screen being 'tiltable' make this a no brainer. This is going to be a fantastic tool both on land and under water.

And also to support your   "this hobby is about taking pictures" please post some pics.

It was just a bit of humour. But post please......

Thanks.

joseluisherranz's gear list:joseluisherranz's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow