Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NZ Scott
Senior MemberPosts: 3,417Gear list
Like?
E-P3 discontinued!!! The last days of a classic camera
Nov 8, 2012

That's the first time I've ever used three exclamation marks while starting a thread.

Has the E-P3 been discontinued? It seems that it has.

I was browsing the B&H website this evening when I noticed that, while the black and white E-P3 with 17mm lens are still in stock, the white version with the 17mm and all three colours with the 14-42IIR have been marked with the ominous word "discontinued".

Is the E-P3 on the way out?

I jumped over to Amazon to see what was happening there, and although most kit variations are in stock, some have been marked "only three left" or "only seven left".

As an E-P3 owner myself I feel a little bit teary-eyed. What will happen to the famous metal scroll wheel? None of the E-PL cameras have one.

Has anyone else noticed signs that the E-P3 is a goner?

By the way, I noticed that B&H have a fantastic deal on the E-P3 right now. It's called the "E-P3 Street Shooter Kit". For US $1349 you get an E-P3 body, 14-42IIR kit lens, 12/2.0 prime, VF-2 electronic viewfinder and a "gadget bag". Given that the 12/2.0 sells for $800 and the VF-2 for more than $200, that means you're getting the body, kit lens and a bag for just $350. That's quite some bargain.

-- hide signature --
 NZ Scott's gear list:NZ Scott's gear list
Sony QX1 Olympus PEN E-P3 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 +10 more
Olympus PEN E-P3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow