Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alex P Scorsch
Regular MemberPosts: 109Gear list
Like?
Looks like the RX-1 has Got It All
Nov 8, 2012

The SONY RX-1 for me has just about everything I need for a travel/everyday-go-anywhere camera. First of all, it has one of the best sensors in history which is super-sharp and can take pictures almost in the dark with its great ISO performance. Secondly it has an extremely high quality 35mm lens for street/travel which can also morph into a 50mm with a respectable high pixel count APS sized cut-out. When you're in that cave in Borneo or old church in Portugal - just use the on-board flash for fill. If you want to do macro or copy documents, switch on the macro and you're ready to photograph the pharoah's jewelry or a copy of that contract for your partner. Dream cameras are like Leicas. They're lightweight with great optics and in the Digital Age - have great sensors. I feel that the RX-1 fills the bill, and with my now feeble eyes if I just can't make it with the focus - I'll just add on an EVF to make things easier. All in all, the only downside I see is that maybe focusing technology will improve in the future making the RX-1 down-in-the-tooth, but definitely this is a camera with very little built-in obsolescence. That's my two sense. Cheers, Alex.

Alex P Scorsch's gear list:Alex P Scorsch's gear list
Sony RX1 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM +4 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow